Hey teaching friends! Need a little something extra fun for February? I made a fun freebie for you for next month! Groundhog Calendar Cards!
Now – you don’t have to just use them for your calendar! Print off an extra set for one of the following ideas:
- Pass out to students randomly and make cooperative learning groups easily. Students group together based on the character on the card – or by number (evens/odds, multiples of 3, 4, 5, or none, etc.)
- Pass out the cards randomly and have students play “war” with them. They partner up – the higher card wins and that child gets both cards. The other child sits down. Keep going until one winner remains.
- Pass the cards randomly and have students line up order by place value. Perfect for lining up for specials.
- Use the cards in a writing center. Put the cards in any order and write a sentence about that card next to it. Students must put the story back into the correct order for practicing sequencing.
- Oh – and of course – you could use them for your calendar this year as well.
And so much more! What other ideas could you use with these cards? We would love to hear your ideas in the comments below!
Have a wonderful rest of the week friends and happy teaching,