Hey teaching friends! I was feeling pretty inspired today and decided to whip up a fun sorting activity freebie hopefully some of you can use in your classrooms to celebrate the season!
It includes a regular worksheet, a challenge worksheet, and the pumkins can either be left on the page – or you cold run them on white cardstock, cut out, and laminate for some hands-on learning fun!
Want a couple other ideas for using them to differentiate your student learning? Use them for centers or morning work!
1. Simply have the students take the pumpkins and make their own groups based on attributes.
2. Hand gifted learners a blank chart (white out the current categories and attributes) and have them make their own to trade and solve.
3. Have students create math story problems using the pumpkins: “Jack had 3 pumpkins with 2 eyes each. How many eyes in all did Jack’s pumpkins have?”
4. Students can take turns adding a sentence and a pumpkin to a spiraling story.
5. Do a journal prompt about how to carve a pumpkin.
Those are just a few ideas from the top of my head. What else could you use this worksheet for with your students to expand the learning? We would love to hear them in the comments or on our Facebook fan page!
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy!