Back-To-School Bulletin Board Ideas!
Hey teaching friends! I was thinking about Back-to-School Bulletin Boards as a random thought this morning and remembered a really fun idea that I came up with when I was our third grade team leader.
Every grade level in our school had a bulletin board in the main hallway that needed changed every month, so of course, we all took turns.
But the first one was always a fun board that welcomed the parents and students into our school, so I really wanted something out of the box.
You might want to check out:
Need some new ideas for Back to School? This 144 page digital book has you covered!
Includes 21 ad-free articles from Organized Classroom, including topics such as:
- BTS Book Suggestions
- Easy Bulletin Board Ideas
- Inexpensive Storage Tips
- Quick Classroom Decor
- Must-Have Items for Most Organized Teachers
- Fundraising Hacks
- Getting Parents On Your Side Right Away
…and even more!
Includes 10 additional freebie files! No need to enter in an email address for each one separately – just click and go!
While I don’t have any pictures of the bulletin board from that year (what was I thinking?), I can show you a quick example I threw together this morning so you get the idea:
1. Find someone with a Mac. Maybe there is a way to do it on a PC, but I don’t think so.
2. Grab all the teachers on your team. We actually were all together for pre-service training so I scooped all 8 of us up during a break in the training to shoot some pictures quickly.
3. Open Photo Booth and pick the Space Alien Effect. Every person needs to take a picture looking as silly as possible. Side note: if someone is drinking water while this is happening, chances are that it might end up on the floor from laughing so hard at everyone’s images, so no liquids are best.
4. Back at home or at school, print off everyone’s pictures in color and cut the head only out of the picture.
5. Take the pictures and put on the bulletin board, leaving a little space behind the picture to put some neon pipe cleaners. Twist and roll the pipe cleaners in different directions so they appear to be your antennae.
6. Add a fun title like “Third Grade is Out of this World” and call it a day.
It is easy, fun, and trust me when I tell you that it was the HIT of the opening day bulletin boards that year with staff, parents, and students all stopping by to check it out, even if their child was not in our grade level. LOL!
Need a quick idea (or 18!) for a Back to School board? I’ve got you covered!
18 files in one spot!
Each includes directions, premade printable title letters, borders, and student name accents. You simply need a student roster and a printer. Easy and lots of choices!
Includes: Legos, shamrocks, writing, cookies, Tootsie Rolls, dogs, space, sunglasses, fish, gummy bears, buckets, rulers, calculators, owls, wild animals, bees, dinosaurs, and candy themes!
Do you have a great back-to-school bulletin board to share? We would love to hear your ideas below in a comment!