While many teachers and schools in the United States are not in session for the Independence Day holiday in July, lots have their own kids at home, might be helping to teach summer school, or even a few are part of year-round school schedules and could be in session.
Even more perhaps will be tutoring students during this time frame as well.
So it’s not out of the question for teachers to need something to keep students occupied and learning even for the U.S. 4th of July.
You’re waiting for the fireworks to begin and you hear the dreaded, “I’m bored.”
Or it’s been a long day at the beach with family and your child (or niece or nephew) is having a meltdown because he or she is tired and has no where to channel that negative energy while waiting for the food to finish up on the grill.
Having something educational for kids to do while waiting is a good activity that is easy if you download the free printable pack for Independence Day at the end of this blog post. Grab some additional ideas while you’re here too!
Independepence Day Crossword Puzzles and Word Searches
Having extra copies printed off of crossword puzzles and word searches with a 4th of July theme is always a good plan to pull out in a snap.
I like to print off little packets, staple them together, and place in a large gallon sized baggie with fun colored pencils as an emergency “fun” kit should it be needed at any point throughout the day or on the road.
Here are some free puzzles and worksheets to print out and add to your custom packet:
- BigActivities has word searches from Easy to Super Hard
- ABCya has a virtual word search version – no printing required!
- You have to scroll through some, but there are several free printable word search options at Teachers Pay Teachers too
- Love the cute design on this patriotic themed word search from Scholastic!
- Education.com has a cute flag-shaped word search! Very unique!
- DLTK has 2 different crossword puzzles – one for littles that os pretty easy and one a little harder
- Looks like a nice free option for Independence Day crosswords!
4th of July Facts for Kids
Need some facts to share with kids about our country’s Independence Day? Check out some of the following neat videos:
Free PDF Packet of Printables for Independence Day
My Independence Day Activity Pack includes a coloring page, letter writing template, and a list of fireworks webcams (in case you are not able to get out to see a live event).
I hope you enjoy and please take a few minutes to thank active and retired members of our service who protect our country every day! I salute you!
Download your free copy straight from me to you!
Thanks and have a safe and enjoyable holiday!