Welcome to the end of the year! This time of year can certainly be crazy and tiring!
Trying to pack up your classroom, get all the extra inventories and student cumulative folders complete, and plan special award ceremonies for your amazing students – all things that must be done, but also all things that are very time consuming on their own, let alone when they are all stacked on top of one another.
Perhaps I can help you out, even if just a little.
I noticed that a few fans on The Organized Classroom Blog’s Facebook fan page were looking for end of the year award certificates for their award ceremonies.
Well, I just happen to be working on something new at the moment, so I thought I could throw in a little extra help for those who were interested.
My project is a Black and White Theme Classroom Essentials Set, which includes a bunch of forms, lesson plan templates, and fun labels/calendar items for your classroom – all archived nicely when you toss it all into a handy binder! Over 130+ forms and classroom decorations! (Yes, you are able to change the name on the cover to your own name!)
To introduce this package with a bang, below is a plain NON-CUSTOMIZABLE award template pack that you can grab for free!
This pack includes 4 templates: 2 with flowers, and 2 that do not have the flowers (not sure some of the students would like the fancy flowers). Use whichever you feel the students would like best. Just make sure your printer is set to print all the way to the edge of the page – no margins, otherwise it will cut off some of the borders.
If you are looking to be able to type right onto the certificate form (see example in the picture below), then you will love the Classroom Essentials Set, as it will have form fields right on the templates, so you can just type your custom personalized edits, print, and go!
It doesn’t get more simple than that!
And yes – for those who will ask – I also have the Common Core Standards Lesson Packs to match this theme as well.
You might want to check out:
Includes 9 articles from Organized Classroom, including topics such as:
- 140+ Quick EOY Student Activities
- Printable Award Certificates
- How To Pack Up Your Classroom Faster Than Ever
- Fun Summer Reading Challenge for Students
- DIY Unique Award Ceremony Ribbons
- Planning Your EOY Party in a Snap
- Super Cute Tag for EOY Student Gift
…and even more!
Includes 5 additional freebie files! No need to enter in an email address for each one separately – just click and go! See it HERE.
How Can You Create Your Own Printable Certificates?
Are you looking for something more unique to your own classroom theme? Maybe you prefer to create certificates of appreciation for students to fill out and give to their favorite staff members the last week of school?
I’ve got you covered and it’s way easier than you may think too!
Canva has some amazing free award certificate templates that you can customize to make completely unique to you!
1 – Create a free account at Canva.
2 – Go to “Find Templates” in your left sidebar from your account page.
3 – Click on “Certificates” and choose whichever template you like!
Don’t worry too much about the colors – those can easily be changed. Instead, find the format and design you like and then you can customize the certificate maker to your particular preferences.
Here is one example:
After I edited the text, I also made a few changes to the colors to make them more suitable to my tastes.
Literally all you have to do is point and click to change the colors, font, and text. Or create a blank template which will be given to all students and add names and the date by hand.
After your design is completed, make sure to save it so you can use it again next year, and download the file as a .pdf to your computer. Print and done!
Using this free program for your kids’ award certificates, you’ll have super professionally designed looking documents in a fraction of the time!
Other Things to Consider for Your End of the Year Student Award Ceremony
A few other ideas for prepping your end of the school year party:
- Music: Make sure your list of tunes matches the feeling you wish to convey to your students, their guests, and additional staff members. Create a fun and upbeat playlist, one that is more formal filled with classical tracks, or choose to play the graduation march on a loop.
- Slideshow: Using PowerPoint of Google Slides, put together a slideshow of pictures from the school year. Play it as parents and guests are waiting for the ceremony to begin. You can also make a copy of the slideshow and either burn it on a CD (which I did in the old days), upload it to a jump drive for each family, or just add it to a Google Drive folder and email the link to the parents so they can save the file wherever they choose – and it doesn’t cost you a penny.
- Invitations: While these are completely optional, I think it is a super nice touch to send a formal invite to family members of students in order to really talk up how excited you are to celebrate the learning their child has done this past school year. You can make these in either Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, or use Canva again to create invitations (using their invitation templates) that match your printable award certificates in a snap.
How else do you prepare for your last day of school? We would love to hear your ideas in the comments below!