Hey teaching friends! Need a little something extra fun for February? I made a fun freebie for you for next month! Groundhog Calendar Cards!
Now – you don’t have to just use them for your calendar! Print off an extra set for one of the following ideas:
- Pass out to students randomly and make cooperative learning groups easily. Students group together based on the character on the card – or by number (evens/odds, multiples of 3, 4, 5, or none, etc.)
- Pass out the cards randomly and have students play “war” with them. They partner up – the higher card wins and that child gets both cards. The other child sits down. Keep going until one winner remains.
- Pass the cards randomly and have students line up order by place value. Perfect for lining up for specials.
- Use the cards in a writing center. Put the cards in any order and write a sentence about that card next to it. Students must put the story back into the correct order for practicing sequencing.
- Oh – and of course – you could use them for your calendar this year as well. 🙂
And so much more! What other ideas could you use with these cards? We would love to hear your ideas in the comments below!
Have a wonderful rest of the week friends and happy teaching,